Ticket To Ride
With elegantly simple gameplay, Ticket to Ride can be learned in under 15 minutes. Players collect cards of various types of train cars they then use to claim railway routes in North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who fulfill Destination Tickets – goal cards that connect distant cities; and to the player who builds the longest continuous route.
"The rules are simple enough to write on a train ticket – each turn you either draw more cards, claim a route, or get additional Destination Tickets," says Ticket to Ride author, Alan R. Moon. "The tension comes from being forced to balance greed – adding more cards to your hand, and fear – losing a critical route to a competitor."
- 1 Board map of North American train routes (39 cities)
- 240 Colored Train Cars (45 each in Blue, Red, Green, Yellow and Black, plus some extra replacement cars in each color)
- 142 Illustrated cards:
- 110 Train Car cards (12 each of Box, Passenger, Tanker, Reefer, Freight, Hopper, Coal, and Caboose cars, plus 14 Locomotives)
- 30 Destination Ticket Cards
- 1 Summary Card
- 1 Longest Continuous Path Bonus card
- 5 Wooden Scoring Markers (1 for each player in Blue, Red, Green, Yellow and Black)
- 1 Rules Booklet
- 1 Days of Wonder Online access number